Globally the impact of AI is increasingly growing year on year in every industry sector. Opening new scopes in construction & architecture sector, the global AImarket is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 29.4% (around) from 2019 to 2026 and is expected to reach around US$ 2.1 Billion by 2026. The potential use of AI in the construction industry is to find solutions to overcome cost, safety concerns, and scheduled overrun while increasingly focuses on enabling industry leaders to overcome relevant challenges using artificial intelligence.
The evolution of technology offers an excellent opportunity for the construction industry to challenge and develop. Building automation improves efficiency and quality. Machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques known as embedded intelligence are gaining popularity in the construction industry as a streamlined way to alleviate construction cost problems. Artificial intelligence helps project controllers perform remote management and predictive maintenance in the field. Smart sensors automatically recognize building materials in site machine data provided by AI technology.
Digital Transformation Roadmap for Architecture
The roadmap for digital transformation in architecture looks like this:
● Mobile Device Management
● Enterprise Resource Management
● Disaster Management
● Cloud Migration
● Risk Management
● Transportation Route Optimization
● Worksite Image Recognition For Safety Management
● Assets And Equipment Productivity Analytics
● Build 3D Environments And User Experiences
● Construction, BIM Visualization, And Collaboration
● 3D Reconstructions And Laser Scanning
● Real-time Collaboration And Remote Tele-assist Solutions
● Intelligent alert systems and sensor data
● Vehicle fleet management and tracking
● Fuel consumption monitoring
● Visual sight mapping
How does AI meet the bridging gaps in the construction industry?
Integrating artificial intelligence into construction can reduce construction costs by 20% and enable engineers to improve construction efficiency in new ways. Building Information Modeling (BIM) can save planning and design time and provide the complete picture of structural extensions like:
- Conceptual Design,
- Design Detailing,
- Operations and
According to the World Sustainability Council, AI technology provides architects with a way to incorporate sustainability into their designs. The AI-powered management platform can identify usage patterns and create ideal conditions for optimizing building maintenance.
AI-based software tools have numerous applications. AI in construction helps to rethink construction work. The growing potential and use of AI in construction industry in real-life use cases are:
Construction companies use predictive analytics to optimize construction site workload, skilled labour staffing, and on-site decisions. Predictive analytics creates applications that collect billions of data from sensor devices, project management software, and other tools used by construction companies
Architects and engineers use modelling tools to automate manual designing tasks. Some are now using “predictive design” software in which artificial intelligence (AI) designs buildings and infrastructure following regulations and best practices. While the cultural significance of architecture means that the design process is unlikely to be fully automated, AI can help optimize the design by extracting best practices from learning across thousands of projects. Therefore, the machine can design the best house, hospital, or school for the scene and fully comply with the regulations. Peripheral manufacturing of the building elements mass-produced in automated factories, from small components to complete modules, allows AI to select building materials from a predefined set of efficient parts with significant sustainability.
Smart Sensor Control Machines
Intelligent sensors are installed in spray painting machines to make machines and parts of the construction site smarter. The sensors are connected to display in the helmet or even on the smartphone to give feedback to the person using that machine to help operate it, making it better and more efficient, regarding materials on a gateway that allows sensors placed inside walls. For example, measuring humidity and temperature in the construction site’s intelligent and personal systems marks an essential contribution to quality assurance on the construction site.
Monitor Large Workloads
Drones have become essential for monitoring site progress that generates accurate contour maps and helps in saving thousands of dollars by unlocking significant savings on surveys and catching errors before removing machinery from the site. Measuring stockpiles is accessible with drones that increase the efficiency of earth soil movement on the construction site. Large construction sites use trucks and excavators to move a large amount of soil. The trucks are sent through the area to not stay in line if possible, and moving of the earth masses is optimized. They are ensuring that the trucks are not waiting for the excavators.
Lean Construction Management
The estimated construction project wastes ranging from 30-50% is due to a lack of utilization of resources, which results in ineffective labour. Contractors and developers make use of the advancements in AI that helps in the automatic monitoring of their ongoing construction projects to coordinate the site operations and activities from remote actively.
Smart Helmet aims to tap into application-oriented AI technologies in relevant areas of the construction sector. The design helps the workers use individually with different sensors installed. The sensor technology supports the worker, for instance, by recording the activities in the construction progress. The IoT sensors can also contribute to Jobsite Safety by warning the workers about the things such as temperature. Overheating is often a problem in the construction site and UV radiation when working outside for long periods. Also, hazards on a construction site where there are unsecured parts that the system can detect or machine coming from behind where you have to be careful do not hit your head
Over time, a range of AI-powered autonomous vehicles coordinated with intelligence to schedule and complete jobs in scheduled time, improving efficiency and reducing costs, limiting their impact on the environment. The arrival of semi-autonomous and fully autonomous vehicles is part of a widespread boom in robotics.
Benefits of AI + Architecture
Here are some streamlined benefits of using AI and machine learning algorithms to help construction companies operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Implementing a transportation route optimization algorithm can optimize project assets and reduce fuel costs.
- Predictive applications can solve risks, constructability, and structural stability.
- Supply Chain Optimization enhances the predictability of large quantity material shipments and inventory management.
- Image recognition can assess issues of quality control in detecting critical events like bridge failure.
- Architects can use AI techniques to detect construction errors by comparing them with the existing drawings.
- Boost project monitoring and risk management with the automation of project scheduling and budgeting update.
- Engineers and architects can use artificial intelligence AI to make better decisions about the design of new buildings.
- Move modeling and simulation tools already in construction planning into the practical work on the construction site itself.
- Develop an integrated and intelligent prototyping solution to create a BIM system that involves everyone needed to implement the solution.
- Programmed mechanical arms handle many repetitive and time-consuming tasks such as moving materials, placing rebar, building masonry walls, and even 3D printed structures.
- Architects can now perform several tasks with greater precision using machines based on digital data developed in information models during the design phase.
- Digitization of AI reduces operational costs and human error and improves efficiency and productivity.
The use cases of AI in construction and architect industry is evolving year by year. hence industries are leveraging the technology coupling with advanced methodologies to solve critical business issues in the industry. Being an AI solution expert ZinosEdge is helping businesses to build advanced enterprise-level industry-appropriate solutions. hence reach to us and have your solution ready for the construction industry.