About the Customer
CISCO, the American multinational technology conglomerate; develops, manufactures, and sells networking hardware, telecommunications equipment, and other high-technology services and products.
- The client was looking for a company having experience in developing AI and AR application development projects, who could build a web-based authoring platform to compose AR experience for networking devices (routers/ switch).
- BlippAR was previously used to build AR application but there was a huge dependency on the BlippAR server and the Client wanted full control on the authoring platform.
- The client wanted to add AI for quick identification of the networking device to help in easy linking and pull off data from the network management system.
- Field service engineer didn’t carry any application on the mobile device to assist them in quick detection of the device at a data center and had to rely on his experience and remote team to assist in troubleshooting devices.
- We develop a Web-based authoring platform using 3JS and React JS to add a 3D model and annotate on the model for creating AR experience.
- Tools and technologies used: Unity, Azure Cognitive Services and MS Azure
- Azure Cognitive Services was used to build intelligence for detecting router/ switch using image-based detection and recognition.
- The backend system was developed for the dedicated use of the product documentation team of Cisco to configure manuals and other help articles associated with each device.
- The solution comprised of three faces. Authoring Platform, Azure Cognitive service-driven object detection engine, and AR application for rendering of the 3D model and associated video and text.